Okay. I really want to get this website going again. Something to entertain, vent, explore, experience… anything. Sharing recipes didn’t float my boat. I don’t travel nearly enough to make this some kinda travel blog. Sharing past stories ain’t really my thing.
Believe me, I have a lot of stories to tell, but who can share such intimate details on the internet? I used to love writing my thoughts out in some angsty, vague manner and posting them to the internet for all to see. But somewhere in my late 20s, that flip switched off. And it will not be turning back on. Unless I write my memoirs someday… either way, it’s not gonna be on the nets. There’s way too many people out here, talking about themself, all over the World Wide Web. I don’t wanna be one of em.
So, I asked myself: What do I love/obsess about the most? Well, food. Duh. No brainer. I wake up, thinking about breakfast; spend all morning, thinking about lunch; immediately after lunch, I’m thinking about dinner. I’ve even begun fantasizing about desserts after dinner. I was never a dessert person before. But I don’t care to post recipes… really, it would just be plagiarism anyway. I’m good at *following* recipes, not making them up outa thin air..? Who are those people?!?
That said, I love cooking. And it always surprises me when people are shocked by a person cooking at home. Sure, there are plenty of extravagant recipes out there that are intimidating to even look at. But for every one of those, there’s 50 more that are basically the same thing, but easier.
I wanna talk about those. What’s the best way to do that when I don’t wanna share recipes that aren’t mine?
I’m thinking… “What I ate today” posts. I’ll post photos of my food and links to the recipes, when applicable. There’s so many benefits to this for me:
1. I am always wanting to take photos of my food and put them somewhere, to brag about how gorgeous my meal is. This way, I can spare all my instagram followers the food porn spams.
2. It’ll motivate me to eat more beautiful, colorful foods. I lean heavily turns mostly plants, but I sometimes need some good ‘ol McNuggies. I’m human.
3. About the plants, it’ll give me an opportunity to share all these amazing products I’ve discovered since I cut down on my meat consumption. And maybe my reader will pick up something here or there, try something out, and love it as much as I do.
4. It’s like using MyFitnessPal, but next level. With more witnesses.
5. Maybe I’ll track my weight too? Ehh, who cares about that. Let’s talk about food!!!